Waterproofing is the process of making water resistant. Make no error or take no doubt in knowing and understanding the fact that water proofing is extremely important work. It is done by applying water resistant membranes. Defective water proofing often leads to increased repair needs in a premise.
Building industry often faces defects and it is seen that incorrect or faulty waterproofing is the main cause for such an incident. Insufficient time for surface preparation along, incorrect membrane application, and insufficient curing time leads to overall faulty construction proofing.
A building’s natural and overall integrity is known to be compromised as a result of incomplete or faulty water proofing. So, it is imperative to know the selection process of best contractors to ensure the end result is flawless.
Just like we go around selecting and reviewing the best builders and other services, it is also essential that we choose and select the home exterior contractor. Here are few considerations that are mandatory:
How to Choose the Right Waterproofing Contractor
- The Product: Choosing the correct product is the first basic step towards construction waterproofing. If that isn’t checked then the entire premises are under risk and that may lead to glitches more than one. Only appropriate waterproofing products are required to be used and the water-resistant membrane application should be well understood and should suit the construction type. Ask for both guarantee and warranty in the product. A good constructor generally is a single point connection for the products warranty as well as assurance.
- Qualification: Only a qualified contractor should be given work. He should have legitimate rights to work as a waterproofing contractor in construction. There may be different requirements set in different region regarding construction, but a basic certification is adjudged as a remittance to work. Look for that basic qualification in the contractor engaged in your construction waterproofing.
- Insurance: The constructor should be fully insured. This will in return ensure that a legal alternative is available any point in time if the construction is found problematic.
- Price: The trick here is not to go to the one offering the cheapest price to get multiple quotes and then decide who the construction waterproofing work should go based on relevant review and understanding to support.
- Time: The price, reviews, products may be all set. However, the time taken can be really another crucial deciding factor.
- Reference: Every competent company would and should have a person who is experienced and does reference check for them that has always turned out to be positive. Look for such reference checks before making a choice.
Types of waterproofing
Let us also understand the types of water proofing that are prevalent.
- Cement Waterproofing
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane
- Bituminous Membrane
- Bituminous Coating
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane
Water can really be harmful and can destroy any construction. Waterproofing enables the constructions to be water resistant. However, since not everyone is equipped to know what the correct ways or types of water proofing are, hiring a contractor becomes imperative. Hiring a professional for construction waterproofing isn’t the only way to ensure water resistance support. The products and the time frame that the professional promises to get the job done are important. While we should not definitely hurry with the surface penetration and curing time, we should not also allow the contractor to take forever to finish off the basic water proofing. Construction waterproofing is just as much essential as rest of the curing processes in any construction.